What can AoPS be used for?
Once you make an account on AoPS, make sure you discover the site in its fullest. Here are just some of the things AoPS provides: (for free!!)
- MATHCOUNTS Trainer -- a great application to practice on actual MATHCOUNTS Problems
- Alcumus -- Alcumus offers students a customized learning experience, adjusting to student performance to deliver appropriate problems and lessons. Alcumus is specifically designed to provide high-performing students with a challenging curriculum appropriate to their abilities.
- Videos -- A large collection of videos helping students understand the concepts in Alcumus made by AoPS's founder, Richard Rusczyk.
- For the Win (FTW) -- a flash application used to play the MATHCOUNTS Countdown Round against other people in real time.
- AoPS Wiki -- a very large wiki explaining math theorems in a simple manner, as well as a very large collection of AMC problems
- The contests and community pages are the greatest resource for aspiring mathletes. It contains thousands of problems that were on actual contests, along with user made solutions, which are often faster than the official ones. This is the place to find old contests such as the AMC 8, AMC 10/12, and the AIME. The only competition not there is MATHCOUNTS, but you can contact us to gain access to old MATHCOUNTS Practice tests.
There are many more features, including the Online School and the Bookstore.
How do I know if I have a private message?
The Feed on the right hand side will turn white when a message has arrived as shown below. Click the envelope to see the reply.
If you are on AoPS and you receive a private message, no matter where on the site you are, a notification will pop out on the screen.