Serena An qualified for the 2019 USA Junior Math Olympiad and attended the 2019 Math Olympiad Summer Program. She also achieved 6th place out of 285 competitors at the 2018 Math Prize for Girls competition.
Serena's favorite subject is algebra. Serena also enjoys blogging and playing card games, and recently she has been learning Asymptote to draw cool geometry diagrams.
Samyok Nepal is an AIME qualifier and a two time MATHCOUNTS National qualifier. He has also scored a perfect USAMTS round, top 2.5% in the nation on the AMC 10B, and a National Qualifier in Worlds Schools Debate as a sophomore.
Samyok's favorite subject is number theory, but he also likes coding, logic puzzling, playing the violin, playing strategy games.
Tristina Ting is a two time MATHCOUNTS National qualifier and placed third overall in the 2018 SD State MATHCOUNTS Competition. She scored in the top 5% in the nation in the 2017 AMC 8 and has participated in various math contests and competitions.
Tristina's favorite subject is algebra. She likes to play solitaire and solve Sudoku puzzles in her spare time and does some freelance writing.
Together, they have achieved
- 9th place internationally in the 2019 High School Purple Comet Math Competition (Team Members: An, Nepal, Park, Ting)
- 34th place internationally in the 2018 High School Purple Comet Math Competition (Team Members: An, Nepal, Kreul, Park)
- 1st in 2017 MATHCOUNTS Chapter and State Team Rounds (Serena An Captain--Nepal, Steinlicht, Nielson)
- 2nd place internationally in the 2017 Middle School Purple Comet Math Competition (Team Members: An, Nepal, Zou, Ting)
- 34th place in the 2017 National MATHCOUNTS Team Round (Serena An Captain--Members: Nepal, Comstock, Ting)
- 1st in 2016 MATHCOUNTS Chapter and State Team Rounds (Samyok Nepal Captain--Kruel, An, Min)
- 39th place in the 2016 National MATHCOUNTS Team Round (Serena An Captain--Members: Kruel, Sarbacker, Nepal)